Does the Mac App Store affect Windows?

Hello,

I'm reading this thread http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/9163-mac-app-store-version-versus-website-version-of-1password/ about a fork in the code for the Mac version of 1Password - meaning 4.0 will only be sold from the Mac Apple Store (mas), and I'm wondering what ramifications does this have for the Windows version.

So in the future, if I want to buy the Windows version of 1Password, I need to use the apple store too? Will there be features released on the MAS versions that do not make it to Windows? Or is that how it has always been? I'm a new user. Thanks for your help.

Buta-san

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Buta-san!

Only Mac applications can be sold in the Mac App Store, so the future of 1Password for Mac has no bearing on 1Password for Windows in this regard. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Xe997 wrote:

Then the obvious question is: what about the new Windows Store?

As far as I understand, the Windows Store is for Metro-style apps in Windows 8 only.

1Password for Windows is not a Metro-style app, and it is supposed to be backwards compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.

At some point, 1Password for Windows *might* become available in the new Windows Store, but there will probably always be at least one other distribution mechanism (read: the AgileBits store).
  • butakimchee
    butakimchee
    Community Member
    Is there a least of features that are included in Mac version 3.9 or 4.0 which are not targeted for Windows?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Not that I know of, but they will continue to be "data-compatible."
This discussion has been closed.