Thanks for the 1Password 7.3 Update

Options

The speed improvement is very nice. so is the password strength indicator in the login fields.

Good work guys! :)

1Password Version: 1Password 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate your feedback.

We always work hard to improve 1Password for Windows, so please stay tuned for future updates. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Greg!

I don’t have much to add. Secure Desktop is back although I don’t use it, it is still nice to see.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: :chuffed: :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

The improvements to 1Password’s Password Generator are welcome news although there still is no way from 1Password for Chrome (Desktop needed) to generate an all numeric password. Love the text wrap around like in 1Password for iOS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We'll be rolling out the new password generator across the board, but you can also find it here, on any platform:

https://1password.com/password-generator/

Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

@brenty,

Does this web based Password Generator solve an issue of copy paste password? It had been reported that if anyone pastes a password in 1Password from outside, 1Password will display the password as weak, even if it might strong?

See here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/85523/why-was-this-password-deemed-weak

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Does this web based Password Generator solve an issue of copy paste password? It had been reported that if anyone pastes a password in 1Password from outside, 1Password will display the password as weak, even if it might strong?

@wkleem: No. It's not magic. The 1Password app has no way of knowing where you got a password you paste into it, or if you tweaked it. I'm not presenting this as a definitive solution, just a cool tool that is available for use -- for everyone, even those who aren't already using 1Password. We'll be bringing all improvements we've been making in the new strong password generator to all of the apps though. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. It is cool and I look forward to more improvements!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.