1Password Crashing Win 10

Options

I keep getting popup messages that says 1PW quit unexpectedly and do I want to send report. I say yes and then keep on trucking. Win 10, Version 7.3.657. Any idea why?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Crashing

Comments

• Hi @MikeV99,

Thanks for letting us know.

Submitted crash reports are anonymized, so we can't be sure what's causing your specific crash but if you can email us your crash report, we can help you fix it.

You said kept on trucking, I presume that means 1Password works fine after the crash, which to me sounds like external crashes that 1Password is detecting like possible 1Password extension issues. If yes, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

If you can't generate the diagnostics report from within 1Password, can you try to grab the crash report from Windows via Event Viewer like this and email that to us.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

I'll try to get it for you. I got a conflict. How do I handle it?

• Hi @MikeV99,

You can generally leave it alone, it is safe to ignore, especially since your actual band_1.js has already been updated after that.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

One other problem I am having is 1PW starts when I start Windows even though I have the option to not start with Windows? It may have something to do with the other problems?

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

When do I create the diagnostic report - right after it crashes?

• Hi @MikeV99,

Do you use 1Password in Edge? If yes, Edge will autostart the desktop app for you because it is auto-starting the 1Password extension. Microsoft changed the behavior to make Edge start before all apps, so that can cause issues with 1Password.

Yes, you can create the diagnostics report after it crashes, it'll collect any errors it can find that is related to 1Password.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Got this several times. Answering Yes tells you nothing.

Report sent.

Does Windows autostart Edge? Edge is not running when I see some of these errors. If yes, can it be stopped?

I think I will remove the extension from Edge and just use Firefox for a while.

• Hi @MikeV99,

Yep, that's not from us. It is a bit misleading due to 1Password.exe in the titlebar, but that's Windows and Edge autostarting 1Password. We're not sure why they've started doing it with 1Password 7.3 update yet, we're still investigating that one.

Does Windows autostart Edge? Edge is not running when I see some of these errors. If yes, can it be stopped?

Yes, they started pre-launching Edge as of 1803 update (Spring Creators Update), we went through a few months of crash issues because of that as we can't block it or prevent that.

You may want to switch to the details tab in the task manager and look for something MicrosoftEdge.exe or MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe.

If yes, can it be stopped?

Nope. I think I've saw mentions of disabling it in the registry but only for 1809 update but we don't have that information at the moment.

I think I will remove the extension from Edge and just use Firefox for a while.

Please do give that a try.

This discussion has been closed.