1Password doesn't work on my second laptop

Options

I just installed 1P on a second laptop. I works great on my first one, but not the second. After uninstalling several times I finally have it loaded, I also have the extention. I can sign on. However when I go to a website to sign on. 1P does not appear in the sign on screen for me to either choose my sign on, or enter a new one. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:doesn't work

Comments

• Hi @LeeAnn,

Thanks for writing in.

When you open the main 1Password desktop program and unlock, do you see the Login item you expect to see on that site?

Also, what happens if you click on the 1Password icon in your browser, does 1Password mini appear?

• LeeAnn
    LeeAnn
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, when I type in the website and it opens I see my vault etc. But when I try to sign into another website I still don't have the 1P option. And when I click on the icon, it looks for 1Password Helper.

• Hi @LeeAnn,

If it says it is looking for 1Password helper, it means something is breaking the connection between the 1Password extension and 1Password desktop program.

To quickly figure this out, can you email us your diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• LeeAnn
    LeeAnn
    Community Member
    Options

Well now I have another problem. First I don't know what version I have. When I check help it tells me to hit settings. I cannot find a settings button. I've checked profile, it's not there. Second when I read how to run diagnostics it tells me to select Help>generate report. The only Help button I can find is Help and support and that is the general help. I am beginning to wonder if I am losing brain cells at an alarming rate! LOL

• Hi @LeeAnn,

Open the main 1Password window and then select Help > Generate Diagnostics Report. That should be all you need to do before attaching it to the email.

• LeeAnn
    LeeAnn
    Community Member
    Options

How do I attach a screenshot for you to see my screen, I don't see the option here. I want to show you that I don't see the settings key it.

• Hi @LeeAnn,

You can drag the screenshot into the reply box or click the image icon above the reply box like so:

Here's what the Help > Generate Diagnostics Report look like in 1Password 7:

• LeeAnn
    LeeAnn
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

[removed screenshot with personal information -- this is a public forum]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LeeAnn: Ah, you're not using 1Password for Windows. That's the 1Password.com web interface. Since you're using a 1Password.com account, you should try 1Password X:

Get to know 1Password X

That gives you a 1Password icon on the webpage that you can click to save and fill login credentials. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• LeeAnn
    LeeAnn
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome! I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LeeAnn: Sounds good. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with. :)

This discussion has been closed.