Can't login in W10-Up but online

Hi from Germany,
I failed to login in my 1Pasword-App (Windows10). In the morning it worked. Now in the evening not.
I typed my password into an editor and copied it to the login of the app...does not work.
I copy the password into the login of my.password.com ... it work. Credentials are OK so far.
What can i do?
Greetinx Christoph

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chrissbee: It sounds like you may have setup different Master Passwords for different things at some point. Since you're able to sign into the website, do you have all of your data there? Or do you have some data only in a local vault in the Windows app?

• chrissbee
    chrissbee
    Community Member

@brenty: I think i have all my data online. Just my Apps are not working.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chrissbee,

Is it possible that you changed your Master Password for your account on 1Password.com? If so, please do the following:

1. Close 1Password 7 if it is running by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select "Exit".
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    3. Rename data folder to backup-data
    4. Open 1Password and sign in to your account with the new Master Password.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• chrissbee
    chrissbee
    Community Member

@Greg: i tried. Didn't worked. But...
    I killed my mobile-app (Apple), reinstalled it... works.
    I killed the Windows-App (third time), deleted all 1Password-folders, cleared the registry, reinstalled app...works
    Mission completed...but don't know why :-)
    Thanx...
    Christoph

• You shouldn't have to do that in the first place, we'll review the code and check it.

Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.