1Password Mac v7.2.4 - Possible display bug when using the '>' character.

Options
rob.h
rob.h
Community Member

I am using 1Password v7.2.4 on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB. There appears to be a display bug when using the '>' character in the Notes field of a login item. In editing mode the > character is shown correctly, however after saving the item and displaying it the > is changed to a vertical bar for some reason. (See attached images). Please advise.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rob.h - thanks for the report! This is not actually a bug, however. What you've discovered is part of 1Password 7 for Mac's Markdown formatting syntax. In Markdown, the > character is the way to indicated quoted text. You can turn off Markdown formatting for all your notes if you don't like or don't think you'll use it, in Preferences > General, by UN-checking the box marked "Format Secure Notes using Markdown." Or you can use a different character from the short list at the above link, for your own emphasis in notes. Hope that helps! :)

• rob.h
    rob.h
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Many thanks for your reply. I should have checked more thoroughly! I changed the Preferences as you suggested and now it looks fine. Thank you :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rob.h - you're quite welcome. Glad I was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.