Login issues despite having both standalone and web keys

Options
yosemite4
yosemite4
Community Member
edited February 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just downloaded 1Password1 for Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop. I just want the standalone version. Cannot open it despite having both a web and standalone license. Cannot log into the website as it asks for "my.1.password.com" -- I do not know what that is. The login architecture has changed since I used it last. Have the .pif file from the MacBookPro on a USB drive but cannot get the newly downloaded app to open on my PC. Am having to hand-copy every password from a visual on my iPhone 7. I have emailed support.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @yosemite4! I've found your e-mail and given we'll likely need some more details from logs on your other devices to ensure we're pointing you in the right direction, I think it's best we handle your problem there. We are playing some catch-up at the moment since quite a few of us were away on our annual retreat and are just now getting back into the swing, but I've given the folks who work on these issues a nudge to get back to you as quickly as possible. We'll be in touch via e-mail as soon as we're able. For now, I know a diagnostics report from your Mac would help as the best solution will depend on your setup there:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

You should have received an auto-reply to your e-mail giving you the following support ID:

[#LQF-71674-225]

If you can use that exact ID, square brackets included, as the subject of the e-mail with your diagnostics, that will ensure it gets hooked up with your original inquiry and is there for the person helping you out to reference. Thanks! :chuffed:

ref: LQF-71674-225

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is not the MAC.

The problem is that I downloaded the newest 1Password1 file for Windows from the Agilebits website for my new Windows machine which does not have a copy of 1Passwords1 on it.

Instead of being able to simply open the app on my new PC and import my .pif file from either my old PC or my MacBookPro, I am forced into a sign-on window for 1passwords1 on the agilebits website.

I don't have all the login information necessary for that window. A diagnostic for the Mac is not pertinent.

I do not know what I am supposed to enter in the very first line where "1my.password.com" is grayed out? The second line asks for my email (I entered the email on file with you guys for at least a decade); third line asks for account#; fourth line asks for the: master password (but for what???? The website login or my personal desktop version. In any event, your website is not accepting any of my credentials....period.

I just want the standalone application to open so I can import my confidential file of 700 logins and passwords.

• Hey, @yosemite4! I went ahead and sent you a reply via e-mail and apologize for the delay. I've been traveling and sick this week, so I'm a bit behind the ball. I hope you can forgive me. Just to reiterate, however, I understand the Mac isn't the problem, it's just that having a look at a working device can give us some important information to guide you, like how you've been syncing your data and where your vault is located on your sync service. I went over this in some more detail in my reply to your e-mail and don't want to have others duplicating efforts here, so I'll leave things here at that and we can continue the conversation over e-mail. Thanks! :chuffed:

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

We do not use DropBox as its constant cycling locks up our Macs when using print graphics programs on our rural DSL. We do not store our passwords on a server and want the standalone application. I sent an email with a screen shot of the problematic window that will not allow us to access the 1Password1 app for Windows 10 Pro.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @yosemite4!

Kate has a conversation going with you over email and will continue it there, as she mentioned. I’m closing this discussion so support wires aren’t getting tangled up between both places. :smile:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.