Removing vault

Esweeney
Esweeney
Community Member

I have 1Password on my Mac and have had it for some time, a year or so ago my wife (a windows user) got a 1Password.com account and recently switched to a Mac. We may be sharing a dropbox account but, I am not sure (I will need to check). Sharing dropbox may be the issue. At any rate, in my 1Password I can see both vaults and in hers she can also see both vaults. How do I make it so we cant see each other's vaults and prevent seeing each others in the future.

1Password Version: ?
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Esweeney ,

Is is possible that you are both signed into the same 1Password.com account and no longer using dropbox? If so, then you'd both see the same vaults. It sounds like the best solution is to convert your wife's account from an Individual account into a Family account, and then invite you as a second user. Then you'd each have your own Personal vault, and a Shared vault where you put things to share between you. You can also create more vaults, shared or not, if you wish.

To better help, I'd like to see an overview of how your 1Password is set up. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101010/removing-vault
    • Your forum username: Esweeney

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.