Cannot install Firefox extension in Windows

Hi,

I can't get the 1Password extension to install on my Windows PC in Firefox. It appears to drop 'firefox@1passwd.com' into the extension directory, but not enable in extensions.ini. Not sure why this is happening:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1
1Password 1.0.9 BETA-275

Cheers,

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Sorry you're having some trouble. I'm not able to reproduce the problem here unless I don't check the box to "Allow this installation" when prompted by Firefox. Can you confirm that you are checking that box when installing the extension?

Just quit Firefox and then uncheck/recheck "Firefox" in 1Password's preferences.

Next time you launch Firefox you should see this:

20120217-qwk2f36d4kw4ke9bjgkmmybe2f.png

Are you using multiple profiles in Firefox?
  • kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Weird. I was trying to do that yesterday (multiple times), and that dialog never came up. Updated 1Password to the latest Beta, and Firefox picked up the extension (with the dialog you showed above.)

Not sure what went wrong...
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm glad it is working well now. If you have any further trouble, please let me know.
  • lozza
    lozza
    Community Member
    I went to Win 7 FF 9.0.1 from 3.6.27 and accepted update to 1P 1.0.9.279.
    I cannot get the 1P icon back on my main FF toolbar.
    It seems to be in an endless loop taking me back to the agilebits page and showing only Safari and Chrome add-ons.
    I blew away FF 9.0.1 went back to 3.6.27 but
    1. need to know which version of 1P compatible with FF3.6.27 to re-install (this combo was very stable)
    2. Any suggestions as what viable alternatives there are.
    As much as I would like spend all night to get this sorted ... I just need to quickly restore back to stable state.
    As much as I am frustrated by it ---> Win 7 is my work machine.
    Many thanks
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    How and where are you installing our Firefox extension? You should install it here:

File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers

...and then check the box that reads "Mozilla Firefox".
  • kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    I kept having this problem again on my Windows Server 2008R2 machine. I'm running Windows 8 now, and the problem does not seem to be happening, but I never ended up resolving it on my Server machine.
  • lozza
    lozza
    Community Member

How and where are you installing our Firefox extension? You should install it here:

File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers

...and then check the box that reads "Mozilla Firefox".

Extension install -> going to 1P ->Preference and ticking Firefox (checkbox)
    Did this for IE and the 1P icon appears in customise toolbar so IE works.
    I have gone back to FF 3.6.27
    Created a fresh profile and tried the 1P install again --> 1P->Preferences->FF checkbox-->tick
    1P is at Version --> 1.0.9.279
    the 1P icon *does not* appear in the "customise toolbar" icon, so no 1P in FF.
    ??
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Can you confirm that the box for your profile in checked in 1Password's preferences? Click the "Profiles…" button to the right of the Firefox checkbox.

20120302-erd9gsqcipm7sq98bp3saykmmk.png

Try quitting Firefox, unchecking the main box for Firefox, restarting your computer, and then checking the box for Firefox once more.

Can you also confirm that the path listed in 1Password's preferences for your profile matches the one Firefox is using?

Enter [font=courier new,courier,monospace]about:support[/font] in Firefox's address bar, then click the "Open Containing Folder" button.

20120302-c9bu2k7qews1udq755u5u9pw9y.png
    It sounds like it is not showing up in Firefox's list of extensions but can you double-check there as well?

20120302-bwx1njuex2xa8ic8pin2xbipn3.png
  • lozza
    lozza
    Community Member
    Hi Khad,

Checked that 1P and FF (containing folder) use the same path for the extension and it is the same. Both point at :-

C:\Users\'my_username'\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bemxgrm8.default

1P is now showing up in the FF Add-On page.
  • lozza
    lozza
    Community Member
    Hi Khad,

Solved.
    In the "customised toolbar" page, you need to click on the "Default Set" of Icons --> thats where the 1P icon hides.

Ah well.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for updating the thread to let me know that all is well. :)

From the screenshot it appears that the 1Password button was already in the toolbar. Perhaps it was just hidden from view, so restoring the default set brought it back into view.
This discussion has been closed.