[Question] Moving the 1Password folder

Cloaky
Cloaky
Community Member
edited February 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hey there guys!

I've got a question!
This is my current setup ~/Dropbox/1Password
Would it work if I moved the 1Password folder to somewhere else inside the dropbox folder? Like: ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I am using the MAS version!

EDIT2: Found a solution, I edit the .settings file inside the dropbox folder and it worked!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey Cloaky,

The sandbox entitlement 1Password 3.9 has is for [font=courier new,courier,monospace]~/Dropbox[/font] so you should be fine as long as you are within the Dropbox folder (and it is located in your home folder which represented by the tilde). As you've correctly done, you will need to update the contents of the [font=courier new,courier,monospace].ws.agile.1Password.settings[/font] file to reflect the relative location of your data file within the Dropbox folder.

It's not necessarily "supported" if we change things in the future, but it should work well at this time. Glad it's working well for you. :)

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers,
  • Cloaky
    Cloaky
    Community Member
    edited February 2012
    Hey khad,

I use dropbox to sync quite a few applications and It was getting a mess, I had 5-6 folders inside ~/Dropbox. Totally unnecessary as I will never need to access them directly. So I decided to make a folder and trow all those apps folder inside it! It looks much better now : )

Cya.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Sometimes I wonder who even looks at the file system any more. :lol:

Stay safe out there.
This discussion has been closed.