International Travel

Options

Hey Guys,

Good work on secure login screen. I love it. One question - I am traveling to london, then los angeles and then back to New delhi where I'll spend few months. Should I carry 2fa code, secret key with me too? Is there any chance you guys will ask me to re-enter these on my laptop and iphone? 1password is currrently autheticated on both of these. 2fa code is available on google authenticator.

Thanks
Sach

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sach_nyc,

Thank you for getting in touch! Your route sounds exciting. :)

You will need your account credentials (sign-in address, email, Secret Key, Master Password) + your 2FA code, if you sign in to your account on a new device. If your laptop and iPhone are already authorised, you won't be prompted to enter your 2FA-code. Please note that there is an option to require an authentication code on an authorised device.

I would also recommend you to enable Travel Mode to remove vaults from your devices when you travel. You can learn more about it here:

Travel Mode

Let me know if you have other questions, we are ready to answer all of them. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• sach_nyc
    sach_nyc
    Community Member
    Options

thanks Greg. I do not yet understand fully need for travel mode. Nobody ever inspected my laptop or iphone ever at border control. Can you enlighten pls?

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @sach_nyc,

Nobody ever inspected my laptop or iphone ever at border control. Can you enlighten pls?

US's border security has the "authority" to inspect your devices (regardless of your legal status) and they can clone the data on it if they want. If you say no, then you may not be permitted entry to US (if you're not an American citizen) and you may be held or deported.

You can read more here: https://www.aclu.org/blog/privacy-technology/privacy-borders-and-checkpoints/can-border-agents-search-your-electronic

This discussion has been closed.