Upgraded to 1Password 7, how to use it on my iOS device

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to upgrade to 1Password 7 from 1Password 4.

Comments

• pir2
    pir2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I upgraded from 1P 4 to 1P 7. No problem on my Windows desktop computer (my vault got converted to your new format, old folder was renamed to "legacy"). But when I opened the app on my iPhone, I got an error message (I guess it didn't find the vault on Dropbox as the folder got renamed). I looked in the setting but found no way to correct that.

I killed the app and restarted it, now I don't get the error message anymore, but I created a test entry and can't find it on my desktop version, so not sure whether it syncs or not...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Hi @pir2,

Thanks for reporting this.

To fix that, disable the Dropbox sync for your vault and then re-enable it, it should detect the newer 1Password.opvault for you to select.

You can disable by going to Settings tab in 1Password on your iOS device and then tap on Sync > Primary > Sync Service > Disable Sync.

After that, you should be able to re-enable the sync.

• pir2
    pir2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT Thanks for your quick response. However, this isn't exactly what I have here. When I go in the settings of the iOS app, I get the following:

Sync > Primary - Set Up Syncing > Start Syncing > Sync With Dropbox >

When I click on "Sync With Dropbox", I see the name of my DB account and the option "Connect to another account" (which implies I am already connected with that one, right?).

When I click on my Dropbox ID, I get info on my DB account (Email, Display Name, Total, Used) and a red option "Stop Using Account". If I click on it, I get a threatening popup that says "Stop Using Account? All cached information for this account will be removed from the device and syncing will be disabled. Cancel/Remove"

Needless to say I got intimidated by the warning and didn't click on "Remove" (which sounds way more drastic and irreversible than "Stop Syncing").

Anyhow, I'd appreciate your guidance on this... thanks in advance for your help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pir2,

The account in this case refers to your Dropbox account. Since you use a local vault, you don't have 1Password account. You will need to tap the name of your Dropbox account, not an i icon next to it:

Once you do it, you should see the list of your vaults in Dropbox:

Could you please give it a try? Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• pir2
    pir2
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi, it proposes me to merge both vaults, should I?

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Yes, it's the same vault, just in a different format and 1Password says 99.8% of items are identical confirming it is pretty much the same (there may be some differences in OPVault for the last .2%).

This discussion has been closed.