Why are updated passwords not being synced to Windows 10?

Options

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

For years, I have been using 1Password on my iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone and syncing my Vault using Dropbox. Last January, I purchased a 1Password subscription so I could install 1Password on my Windows 10 machine and then imported my Vault from Dropbox. I then added my 1Password account to my iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone. I figured all of my passwords would be syncing across my devices. However, last month I updated many of my passwords on my iMac, and while the changes were synced to my MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone, they were not synced to my Windows 10 machine. I do not know why they did not sync since it appears all my copies of 1Password are using my 1Password account. Note that in the 1Password 7 preferences on my iMac, it shows that my Vault is not being synced.

Could someone please tell me how I can make sure my passwords are synced to my 1Password account across all my devices?

Thank you!

Joe

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Togarashi,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password.

It sounds like you added your 1Password account to 1Password apps, copied your data, but never removed your old local vault called Primary. This vault is not a part of your 1Password account, that is why it is not synced to 1Password 7 on your Windows PC, where you have only your 1Password account.

To get a better idea of your current setup and confirm my hunch, I'd like to ask you to create Diagnostics Reports from all of your devices, where you use 1Password:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Please send them to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics emails before sending:

[#TFB-72465-268]

If you’re reading this and you are not Togarashi, this Support ID is for Togarashi only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: TFB-72465-268

This discussion has been closed.