1Password extension stopped working on both of my Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers

In both cases, the extension does not open with a left click - nothing happens. With a right click, the normal details appear - the "Options" option is greyed out, but the other links from this window work OK but they are of little value. Both the extension, desktop 1Password, and Chrome are up to date. Removing and reinstalling the extension has no effect. Rebooting has no effect. I am running 1Password 4.6.2.626. I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7, Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hdsoawhdhagf,

Sorry for the troubles and confusion with 1Password 4.

1Password 4 for Windows is discontinued and it will not work with Chrome 72, due to updated code signature. Check this article on our website for more info.

You'd need to either upgrade to 1Password 7 (please note that this is a separate purchase for the owners of 1Password 4), which is being actively developed and has the new signature, or use one of the other supported browsers (such as Brave, Firefox, Opera, etc.).

1Password 7 for Windows supports both standalone licenses and 1Password.com service but the best part about 1Password.com service is that you'll always get the future versions included automatically and access to all 1Password apps as well, no extra costs.

If you have any other questions, feel free to raise them. We are always here for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.