General info on backups needed.

I was using 1pw4 family and upgraded to 1pw7 family. I use to create a local backup daily and copy that to an external drive/location weekly. Now in the desktop app I see it says the backup is on 1password.com. The only backup listed there is from 2/15. So How do I create a backup or do I even need to worry about it at all.
In the my.1password.com app I don't see any backup settings.
I'm use to not trusting much and need to be sure I have backups.
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @avspinball,

When you have 1Password account, your encrypted vault is stored on our servers and you do not need to set up sync or backups. All you have to do is to download 1Password app on your new device and sign in to your account.

Local backups for 1Password.com accounts is something we are asked about regularly. Roustem, one of our founders, answered this question here. At the moment, there are also no local backups with 1Password.com accounts, we handle the backups for you on our servers. We would like to add them in the future, but I do not have any timeframes for you.

Please let me know if it answers your question. If you have additional ones, feel free to raise them. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.