Generated Paswords On iPad

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Apologies in advance if this has already been suggested.

The Generated Passwords data doesn't appear on the iPad like it does on my Mac and iPhone. I don't save everything as a login so this has caused me a problem now and again. I would like to see the Generated Password data on the iPad too.

I would also like to add my voice to the chorus asking for the 1Password to remain unlocked for a user adjustable period when running under iOS4

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for the feedback! We are still trying to figure out how to work generated passwords into the UI without sacrificing any of the quality of the application. We hope to offer this to you soon, but it will more than likely not be in the next update and I can't give you a timeframe. As for the auto-lock, Roustem has made a lot of changes in this area to allow the flexibility that people want without sacrificing security. We look forward to hearing your thoughts when the next update is available.
  • Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    justG wrote:
    We look forward to hearing your thoughts when the next update is available.

Update to 3.5 1P Pro on the 3GS under 4.01, setting the new "Lock when Inactive" option to Off
    with the auto-lock set to 10 minutes gets close to what I want.
    1P stays unlocked while I go back and forth, and if I ignore it for a while, it locks.
    Works for me and feels secure.

On the iPad, though, the choice is lock every program exit or manual lock or don't lock at all.

What I'd really like to see is for 1P to stay unlocked until a screen lock event. Is that possible?
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Update to 3.5 1P Pro on the 3GS under 4.01, setting the new "Lock when Inactive" option to Off
    with the auto-lock set to 10 minutes gets close to what I want.
    1P stays unlocked while I go back and forth, and if I ignore it for a while, it locks.
    Works for me and feels secure.

Great!

On the iPad, though, the choice is lock every program exit or manual lock or don't lock at all.

This is necessary, I believe, until iOS 4 is released for the iPad.

What I'd really like to see is for 1P to stay unlocked until a screen lock event. Is that possible?

I think that Roustem tried to do this but we could not capture that event. (I'm not sure about this. I'm not a dev, but I seem to remember a conversation about this while Roustem was working on version 3.5.) So I think that the answer to that is that it's not possible.
  • gabriel.parriaux
    gabriel.parriaux
    Community Member
    Hello,

Thank you for making 1password which is just a GREAT tool! Can't live without it and so happy to have it working on the mac, the iPad, the iPhone, aso...

BUT:

Why the iPad version doesn't sync the generated passwords? Many times (not when browsing the web), I use 1password as a random password generator. It's great the options you have to choose the length, the specials characters, it's a great tool to generate passwords. The problem is that those generated passwords don't sync on the iPad. Why? Can't believe the UI doesn't allow you to add an icon to go to the generated passwords, no?

So, I'm just here to say that the ability to sync generated passwords for the iPad is really vital and I'm sure it is for many people.

Can we hope to see this feature added soon?

Thanks a lot to Agile staff for helping on the forums!

Gabrielito
  • MikeT
    edited September 2010

Hello,

Thank you for making 1password which is just a GREAT tool! Can't live without it and so happy to have it working on the mac, the iPad, the iPhone, aso...

BUT:

Why the iPad version doesn't sync the generated passwords? Many times (not when browsing the web), I use 1password as a random password generator. It's great the options you have to choose the length, the specials characters, it's a great tool to generate passwords. The problem is that those generated passwords don't sync on the iPad. Why? Can't believe the UI doesn't allow you to add an icon to go to the generated passwords, no?

So, I'm just here to say that the ability to sync generated passwords for the iPad is really vital and I'm sure it is for many people.

Can we hope to see this feature added soon?

Thanks a lot to Agile staff for helping on the forums!

Gabrielito

Hi Gabrielito, welcome to the forums.

You have some great questions. We are looking into bringing over the Generated Passwords section into the iPad version of 1Password. It's just that it didn't make the cut in the first few versions. We are looking into providing a better way to present the data on the iPad and that's taking us some time to figure out. Each feature we add to 1Password, we must very carefully analyze that it does not harm the security of your data.

We do not have a timeframe on when we'll be bringing it into the iPad. Weather people have better chances of predicting the weather than we do at software development.
This discussion has been closed.