Autosubmit trouble on forums.mozilla.org

Hi,

here https://forums.mozilla.org/addons/ucp.php?mode=login
the auto-login fails.

If I deactivate auto-login for that login, fill the login fields with 1P and then manually press the login button, it works fine.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the problem. I have assumed you were referring to "autosubmit" (and its associated "submit" value for the Login item) when you wrote "auto-login". Is that the case? If so, autosubmit is working well for me in the latest version of the extension in combination with the latest version of 1Password and Firefox here:

https://forums.mozilla.org/addons/ucp.php?mode=login

It also works in Firefox for Mac, but that is to be expected since the extension is the same for Mac.

20111213-br4s3yshka286wsaxr16ty49ex.png
    Have you tried saving a new Login item in the browser extension there? The one I just created works well, but perhaps they changed the login form on the page since you last created your Login item. Creating a new one will allow 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the login form.

Please let me know how it goes.
  • bege
    bege
    Community Member
    Yes, I meant autosubmit.

With the new version 288 it still doesn't work.

I deleted the old login and manually created a new one. Auto-save doesn't work, maybe because there are other logins for the mozilla.com domain (e.g. addons.mozilla.org)?

The new login has the same effect as the old one: The login-page comes back with empty fields.
    If I fill the login page with 1P and autosubmit is off, after pressing the login button the login works fine.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I deleted the old login and manually created a new one. Auto-save doesn't work, maybe because there are other logins for the mozilla.com domain (e.g. addons.mozilla.org)?

Correct. 1Password will only prompt to save unique passwords once per website. If you already have a Login saved with the same password for the same website you will not be prompted to save a new Login. You should use unique passwords, but if you choose not to, you will need to manually save the second login using the + button in the upper right corner of the extension.

With the new version 288 it still doesn't work.

The new login has the same effect as the old one: The login-page comes back with empty fields.
    If I fill the login page with 1P and autosubmit is off, after pressing the login button the login works fine.

The version of the main app is not relevant in this case. What version of the Firefox extension are you using? I'm assuming 3.9.0, but please let me know.

Maybe if someone else is able to reproduce the problem, we might get a better idea of what is happening on your particular machine. Do you have the problem with the 1Password extension on that site in other browsers as well? Does autosubmit for the forums.mozilla.org Login item work in Chrome or Safari?
  • bege
    bege
    Community Member
    Very nice: After several days of the repeated problem I tried it with IE and it worked. Then I tried it again with Firefox, and it worked also. Strange but nice.
    If the problem occurs again I will come back.

khad wrote:

Correct. 1Password will only prompt to save unique passwords once per website. If you already have a Login saved with the same password for the same website you will not be prompted to save a new Login. You should use unique passwords, but if you choose not to, you will need to manually save the second login using the + button in the upper right corner of the extension.

Well, it is not the same website, but the same domain mozilla.org. Unfortunately mozilla has different logins on addons.mozilla.org and forums.mozilla.org.

khad wrote:
    The version of the main app is not relevant in this case. What version of the Firefox extension are you using? I'm assuming 3.9.0, but please let me know.

Yes, it's 3.9.0

khad wrote:
    Maybe if someone else is able to reproduce the problem, we might get a better idea of what is happening on your particular machine. Do you have the problem with the 1Password extension on that site in other browsers as well? Does autosubmit for the forums.mozilla.org Login item work in Chrome or Safari?

I don't have Chrome or Safari.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Woohoo! I'm glad it is working well. If you have further trouble, please let me know. :)
This discussion has been closed.