Login problems for UPS and Fidelity

Using Firefoz 11, iPassword 1.0.9.289 with extension 3.9.1, Windows 7 (32 and 64bit)

UPS - https://www.ups.com/...ne/loginc=en_US
This is a two stage login. On the first stage, when you use 1Password to enter the username, it does so properly; however, the username is blanked out after a couple of seconds. Also the auto submit does not work. I have deleted the 1Password entry and replaced it to no avail.

Fidelity - https://login.fideli...Cust/Login/Init
The manually created login created months ago still works but will not auto submit. The emtries in the login are, in order, txtSSN, PIN, ssnt and submitButton. I realize that Fidelity is a long standing problem.

I am also frustrated by the update process, as other posts reflect. but didn't record enough details on the update to .289 and 9.1 to ask an intelligent question. Basically I had to reboot each computer that I updated, remove the extensions from Firefox, reboot again, install the extension, close Firefox and 1Password, restart both and it seems to work. If you could document the proper procedure for doing this it would be helpful.

Thanks
Bob

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Bob,

I tried to test the UPS login, but that link you posted returns a "500 Internal Server Error" message. It sounds like disabling autsubmit for that Login may get it working, though. Please try disabling autosubmit for your UPS Login and let me know if that resolves the issue.

20111213-br4s3yshka286wsaxr16ty49ex.png
    There is a known issue with Fidelity in Firefox that we are working to resolve. For now you may need to copy/paste in Firefox. For what it's worth, the problem is only in Firefox. In our testing it works properly in Safari and Chrome. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer right now, but hopefully we can resolve this in an update.

As for updating 1Password itself, a reboot will be required if there are files that need to be modified which are in use at the time of the update. That only applies to the 1Password for Windows application itself.

The new Firefox extension updates independently of the main application, so it is unrelated. Firefox itself will update the extension transparently. It shouldn't even require a restart of Firefox let alone 1Password or your entire computer.

Please let me know how it goes with your UPS Login.
  • bobe
    bobe
    Community Member
    Thanks for the reply.

UPS changed it's login page. The new URL is https://www.ups.com/one-to-one/login
    The problem is the same on the new login page with auto submit set to never.

Bob
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We just released an updated version of our 1Password extension for Firefox that should work much better in sites like Fidelity. Please try updating to it to see if it'll work.

To update to the beta version, click the install button for the Firefox extension in 1Password's preferences on the Browsers tab.

Check "Allow beta extensions" on the right side and then click the Download on the right side for your browser, it should then update you to the Beta version.
    20120327-n4ssb2xemyty6yg3ids2a4yk6g.png

I am able to reproduce the issue on the UPS username page but only if autosubmit is enabled. Once I disable autosubmit, the form gets filled properly. The form obviously needs to be manually submitted in this case, but it works very well in all of our testing.

We'll see if we can get autosubmit working on the the UPS Login page in a future update.

Please let me know how it goes on the Fidelity site with the latest beta.
  • bobe
    bobe
    Community Member
    Installed 3.9.2b3 extension and three issues resolved.

Fidelity auto submit works fine.

UPS with never submit works.

Also, I discovered the reason that installation of the extension required rebooting. Previously, when I tried to install the extension, I would always get the message that Firefox was running even when Task Manager showed otherwise. By accident or pure luck, I found that Thunderbird (the Mozilla mail client) is detected by 1Password as Firefox. Closing both Firefox and Thunderbird allows 1Password extension installation to proceed normally.

Thanks as always.

Bob
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the update, Bob! I'm glad things are working well. :D

Thunderbird does use some of the same components, so I'm not sure there is a way around this. Just be sure to quit Thunderbird in the future if you have the same problem. I'll see about possibly adding a message to the installer so this is clearer for other folks running across this.

Enjoy your week,
This discussion has been closed.