1st 1P Teams user leaving: best practices for "what if he stored company credentials in personal?"

swy
swy
Community Member

Hi all,

Want to solidify the most responsible flow for handling employee turnover. In a perfect world, departed_employee would have stored every password the org needs to have in a shared vault.
Experience tells me not to fantasize that I live in this perfect world, and expect that something important was misfiled under personal, and I'll be expected to access it.

As an admin, what are my options to insulate my org against this scenario?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hi @swy,

The only solution is to take over the person's e-mail account (assuming everyone in your organization is set up with a company owned email address) and perform a recovery on their account:

Recover accounts for family or team members

If your plan is to do this I'd recommend including in your employee handbook or on-boarding information that this may/will happen when the employee leaves to discourage them storing anything not work related in their vault.

Ben

• swy
    swy
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the prompt reply. That's what we expected would be advised, and good to have our guess confirmed.

• You're very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.