SIGABRT on version 7.3.BETA-12

Options
vihang
vihang
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm running 1Password 7.3.BETA-12 on MacOS 10.14.5 Beta (18F127a)
1Password mini crashes when I try to autofilling a specific website on chrome (specifically oaklandlibrary.org)
Scrolling down the list of login items also causes 1Password to crash right as I hit the letter N.

Here's some details from the SIGABRT:

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Error decrypting image file at: [localfilepath]'

(I also submitted the report from the crash handler, so you should be able to get stack traces).

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-12 (70300012)
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.5 Beta (18F127a)
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account

Comments

• vihang
    vihang
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I moved the file indicated in the SIGABRT to a backup location and restarted 1Password. A sync caused the same file to get recreated/redownloaded but the content in the new file seems to be correct and 1Password no longer crashes, and I can autofill the specific website again.

So it seems like a corrupt data file was causing the SIGABRT. Eventually no harm done, but I think it would be better to catch this exception and perhaps try to force a resync of that file to fix this problem. :)

Actually now that I look at the corrupt file, I can tell you exactly what's wrong with it. It looks like the file should contain a singular JSON encoded as a string, but some bytes got written past the end of the file, so the contents looks like follows:

{"data": "foo", "enc": "bar", "cty": "baz", "kid": "quux"}ty": "baz", "kid": "quux"}

and I'm assuming that the JSON parser is strict and is throwing the error. So I could have probably recovered by hand editing the file and removing the garbage at the end of the file but it would be better if 1Password itself could recover from this.

Hopefully this is sufficient info to repro the bug and fix it! 8-)

• ag_andrew
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi @vihang,

Sorry you're running into this one. We've fixed this but you might have some cached image data from before the fix went out that's still causing this problem.

I'm going to ask you to quit 1Password completely (Command-Option-Control Q), then delete the directory where 1Password keeps a cache of your encrypted image files: ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword7/Data/Library/Caches/com.agilebits.ImageService.v7

Trash the com.agilebits.ImageService.v7 directory and re-launch 1Password 7. If you run into this crash again please let us know so we can see if this problem is leaking through somewhere else.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.