Easier to find comparison of Pro vs Non-Pro

Navstar
Navstar
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I shouldn't have to dig through FAQs and user manuals to find out the differences between Pro and Regular versions. I had to look two different places. You need a big button on the iOS landing page that says "Go Pro! Feature comparison"

What I've pieced together is that Pro is a universal app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch. And you get a bookmark system for using it with Safari.

The normal version can of course also run on iPad, but in 2x mode. And you don't get the bookmark system on any device.

At almost twice the price, surely there's more than that to the Pro version? :^)

Comments

• Navstar
    Navstar
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    iTunes notified me of an update this morning (July 23). Does this version have the Dropbox syncing?
  • sandman4sure
    sandman4sure
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    stu wrote:
    Hi Navstar,

We're actually making some changes to the features of the 1Password iOS apps, the plan is to make 1Password Pro just the universal app which makes it much easier to manage in iTunes. Going forward this is going to be the only major difference between the two versions, we're adding the bookmarklet to 1Password on the iPad as well as the standard version on the iPhone as well as folder support for the standard version on the iPhone. Of course, another big feature coming to all versions of 1Password for iOS is Dropbox syncing, and this will be in the next update to the app.

I will certainly pass this on to the team, I do feel we need to make sure this is very clear for our users.

Hope that helps,

So I have paid for the PRO version for nothing after already having the normal version?
  • JudiS217
    JudiS217
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Then stop calling it "Pro." Call it 1Password Universal. I for one bought the so-called Pro version when it first introduced because of the tease of extra special features to come in that version that wouldn't be in the regular one. You guys are great so I don't regret my purchase, but I only own an iPhone with no plans for an iPad. Yes, believe it or not. If I were shopping now and only had an iPhone and bought a "Pro" version with no "pro" features for $5 more I'd feel a bit ripped off. Just sayin'....
  • I wholeheartedly agree with Judi. 1Password Universal would be a much more fitting name for it.

A quick, and easy to find, comparison between Pro vs Non-Pro is also very much needed.

On the other hand, thanks for your great products! :)
  • Hi guys,

We’ll consider the requests to have this renamed to Universal, which is a great idea. It may not be that easy to rename the application at the App Store but hopefully, we’ll come up with something better in the near future.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

By the way, just in case people want to know how to tell it apart, we do have a slightly different icon for the 1Password Pro, so that it’s easy to tell the difference:
    1Password_Standard_vs_Pro_Icon.png
This discussion has been closed.