1Password Chrome Desktop Extension stops working after 7.3.Beta 13-13

Shawzborne
Shawzborne
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,

For some reason the 1Password extension no longer works since the latest beta update, when you click the 1Password extension icon in chrome either nothing happens or it changes spaces to the opened 1Password app.

Thank-you,

Shawn

1Password Version: 7.3.Beta 13-13
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

Hey Shawzborne,
    Sounds like we need to refresh the connection between the 1Password app and the extension. Please try the following:
    1. Open the 1Password app and unlock it.
    2. Click the "1Password" menu on the top left of the screen next to the Apple logo, press and hold ALT+CTRL and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    3. Quit Chrome by right clicking its icon in the dock and select "Quit".
    4. Launch and unlock 1Password, and then launch Chrome and test.

Let me know if that worked or not.

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member

I was having an issue where clicking on 1P in Chrome was causing 1P to pop-up but then immediately go behind Chrome. This procedure fixed it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Interesting. I haven't seen that happen myself. Thank you for posting about it! That could help others who encounter a similar issue. :)

• runnermule
    runnermule
    Community Member

On a Mac, if the 1Password menu at the upper left is open, the keyboard combination control-option gets the dropdown menu with the "Quit 1Password Completely" choice at the bottom of the list. Or control-option-command-Q quits completely. command-Q does not quit completely. Thanks for the solution, Yaron. It worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.