No "copy" button on very long password. Did I find a bug?

I clicked the 1password icon in Safari, then clicked the password icon in the 1password panel to view a password I had just created for a website I was visiting.

Usually the password shows up as a series of bullets with the word "copy" next to it. But this time part of my password was visible, and there was no "copy" link. See the image below, especially the part circled in red.

Versions:
Safari 5.1.5
OS X 10.7.3
1Password 3.8.19 (build 31419)

Note #1: Yes, I realize that by posting this, I've just revealed part of my password for www.reddit.com. Don't worry — I changed it after I took this screen grab.

Note #2: This was a 50-character long password. I had two older and shorter passwords for this site, and they both showed up like this: •••••••••• copy

1password-bug.png

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for reporting this, Steven. Do you have steps to reproduce? I wasn't able to reproduce this myself. I'm wondering if it is length or a certain character that gets parsed incorrectly. If you have any more details, I'd love to pass them along to the developers.

Cheers,
  • stevenjklein
    stevenjklein
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Do you have steps to reproduce?

Unfortunately, no. But I can report that the problem still exists. If you want any log files, or the password, I'll be glad to send them to you.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Be sure to change the password. (I know you will.) And then send us a copy of the JSON. You can get this by selecting the Login item in the main 1Password application and then pressing Command-C to copy it. When you paste it into a text field it will be the JSON data that item. You can send it to us at support AT agilebits.com. Just be sure to include a link to this thread, so we can connect the dots when we see it in our inbox. :)

Can you reproduce it if you just copy that same password to a new item, or is it only in that specific item?
This discussion has been closed.