1PW does not request new password after changing password in Dropbox?!?

Locker
Locker
Community Member
I wanted to ask it before and forgot (or did i forget that I've asked it before?? |-) )

We changed the password in Dropbox. We expected 1PW iPhone to complain that the stored password is not good, or other similar alert, but nothing. 1PW continued to connect as before.

What's the story? Isn't it a security concern?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm not sure how it would be a security concern. Since you have already authenticated via Dropbox you will still be connected using your existing auth token. That said, the auth token will eventually expire. It would be best to reset Dropbox syncing and enter your current password. In the 1Password iOS app, tap:

Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
  • Locker
    Locker
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

I'm not sure how it would be a security concern. Since you have already authenticated via Dropbox you will still be connected using your existing auth token.

If I understand it correctly, it is not a problem from 1PW side but from Dropbox side. When I change the password in Dropbox, it may be because i wanted to void all the existing auth tokens (especially those used to be saved in the clear). Now I see that this didn't happen. The old auth tokens are still valid.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Revoke access to any app using Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/account#applications
This discussion has been closed.