Restoring 1p4_zip file to 1Password 7

I've been a long time user or one pass in different iterations, recently I returned to my old laptop with a dying SSD, and upgraded to a family account, now the only file I have left was a backup I made before my drive kicked the bucket... but I can't seem to restore it. HELP!

1Password Version: 4,7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MACOSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DavidO: Open 1Password and go to Preferences > Backup. Click "Find Backup", select your backup archive, and then you should see it in the list to restore from. Let me know how it goes. :)

• DavidO
    DavidO
    Community Member

Hey Brent, thanks for the quick reply, can't find the Backup Option

• DavidO
    DavidO
    Community Member

I even tried to import but it wouldn't even allow me to select the file

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DavidO: Thanks for the details. It isn't possible to "import" a backup archive; they're only meant for restoring. And that won't work at all with a 1Password account, which it looks like you've setup the app with, only with local vaults.

If you enable the local vault option in Preferences > Advanced, that should get you the backup/restore mechanism. At that point, you can use Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account, and then disable local vaults again in Preferences > Advanced and you should be all set. :)

• DavidO
    DavidO
    Community Member

Finally ! thank you @brenty

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DavidO - on behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome -- glad he was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.