1PasswordAnywhere (1Password 6) is not working

Options
ericfer
ericfer
Community Member
edited July 2019 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi everyone.

I'm an old client, using 1Password 6.
Today I tried to use 1Password Anywhere from my Dropbox account, and didn't work. I had only a blank page.

Could you help me undestand what I need to do to be able to access my passwords from a computer without the app installed, just having internet access?
If I lose all my devices and just have a computer with internet access. What could I do?

Thanks very much!!!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ericfer

1PasswordAnywhere relied on technologies that are no longer present in any modern web browsers. It was designed for a different time.

If I lose all my devices and just have a computer with internet access. What could I do?

The answer to this is that you should not access any of your accounts, especially your 1Password data, from an untrusted/public computer. There is no telling what malware might be lurking on such a device. If you imagine this could become a real situation for you my recommendation would be to:

1. Upgrade to a 1Password membership, which would give you the ability to access your 1Password data from most any modern device and in a web browser if needed.
    2. Print a copy of your Emergency Kit but don't write in your Master Password. Store this with your valuables while traveling.
    3. If you find yourself in this situation, after you purchase a replacement device, use the Emergency Kit to sign in to your 1Password membership on it.

I noticed that you're using both an old version of 1Password as well as an old version of macOS. As a security focused company we would highly recommend upgrading both to the latest versions (1Password 7 and macOS 10.14). Membership would come with access to the latest version of 1Password, but it would require a newer version of macOS to run.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• ericfer
    ericfer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben!!

Thank you very much for your fast response and so comprehensive answer.

I'll consider the upgrade.

You were very helpful!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ericfer - on behalf of Ben, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.