i cant verify with my authenticator

I haven't log into 1password in probably a year, in that time i got a new cell phone with a new number, when i try to login it asks me for a 6 digit authentication code .... which i don't have or cant set up, how can i get over this.

1Password Version: 7.3.701
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: WIndows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:authenticator

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hey, @Danny_2002.

2FA is a very sensible security matter to be treated in a public forum. I'm not a 1Pass team member, but if I'm not mistaken, the team can help you out to disable it (after a thorough verification process, of course). Meanwhile, there are a couple of things you may try:

1. Check if you can access your account from any other device in which you're already signed in.
    2. Verify if you 2FA app has a recovery or backup option. It may have an easier option to recover your 2FA codes :chuffed:

If none of these is possible, I'd recommend waiting to hear back from a team member so they can instruct you further.

Hope that helps!

• As @arturoaubry rightly pointed out, @Danny_2002, there are two things you can do to try and regain access yourself. To add to his first suggestion, if you are able to sign in via an already-authorized browser, you can disable 2FA yourself from there:

1. Click your name in the top right and select My Profile.
    2. Click More Options on the left and select Manage Two-Factor Authentication.
    3. Click "Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication".

After that, you can re-enable 2FA to get a new 2FA secret and set it up again using your new phone.

If you aren't able to access your account from a browser and your authenticator app doesn't have any recovery options, send an e-mail to support@1password.com asking to reset 2FA and one of us will be in touch with verification instructions.

This discussion has been closed.