Captcha Scenario

Options
Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

How we are handling Captcha scenario's? What is the guidance to users?

User flow:
Login screen > 1Pasword invoked > Login/Password auto entered > Message comes to enter variable Captcha letters> Entered > Login > 1Password Popup comes to save the updated password. > User has to press Cancel.

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Abhijit,

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you please give me an example of the website, so I could check this behaviour on my side? Are you trying to change your password?

If you enter the username and password that you have in your 1Password in order to sign in, 1Password shouldn't prompt you to update your item.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

Check this:
    https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm

I am not trying to change any password but just enter login/pw using 1Password.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Abhijit,

Thank you for the URL! I checked it on my PC.

It seems that there is a separate field for Captcha on that page and it is different every time. That is why 1Password prompts you to save or update that Login item.

You can try adding that website to Autosave exceptions (in Settings > Browsers > Autosave). It won't stop 1Password from filling your credentials there, but it won't prompt you to update them every time. In addition to that, you can disable Autosubmit for this item:

Let me know how it goes. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Greg !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, sometimes we just need to have a chance to enter/change something before signing in. Glad Greg was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.