When start Chrome, I see two tabs: first- normal blank and second - 1PassX extension setting

how to remove 1 pass tab extension setting at startup

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.16.2
OS Version: Win10 Chrome 76.0.3809.132
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chipby! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please post two screenshots of what you see when you start Chrome, one for each tab you see?

Thank you!

• chipby
    chipby
    Community Member

yes, of course, but I must restart chrome and so sing out

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

No rush at all :) Thank you!

• chipby
    chipby
    Community Member

i see that

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @chipby!

Do you see the same thing even after you log in to 1Password X in the second tab? You should see that tab only until you successfully authenticate once.

• chipby
    chipby
    Community Member

no - only "Welcome to 1Password X" and button "Log in"

• chipby
    chipby
    Community Member

After LogIn tab closed. But the question is - I dont want to see this tab at all. If I want to start 1Password X, I click some button

• Hi @chipby,

It's not clear from your posts, did you already sign into your 1Password account for 1Password X? 1Password X will always open this tab until you sign in.

Note you do not have to sign out of your 1Password account in 1Password X, it'll be locked when you leave the browser. If you sign out, you will be required to sign in again each time, which will bring up that tab.

You wrote in the original post that you're using both the 1Password for Windows desktop app and 1Password X extension, these are two separate products. If you're using standalone vault or you want to use the Windows desktop app, you may want to install the desktop companion extension instead.

• chipby
    chipby
    Community Member

• chipby
    chipby
    Community Member

• chipby
    chipby
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@chipby:

What happens when you click here?

And then login to the 1Password account?

• chipby
    chipby
    Community Member

<And then login to the 1Password account?
    Yes, after a click I see a standart window for 1Pass-X login

• chipby
    chipby
    Community Member

<It's not clear from your posts, did you already sign into your 1Password account for 1Password X? 1Password X will always open this tab until you sign in.
    the desktop application is launched along with Windows, but it doesn’t matter if 1Pass desktop is logged in before Chrome starts - the tab will appear anyway. Moreover, if I have already entered 1pass desktop, the extension 1pass X requires a re-entry.

So, thanks to all - I solved the problem by disabling the extension 1passX.
    but the similar logic of interaction of 1pass desktop and 1 passX seems to me wrong

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

The 1Password X extension is an independent app, which means it does not communicate (yet) with the desktop app.
    That means you will have to unlock 1Password X regardless of the desktop app's state. So lets ignore the desktop app here because it is not related to the issue.

When you install 1Password X it requires you to log into your 1Password.com account by opening the login screen in a new tab, like you are showing us in your screenshots. You need to click that log in button, enter your email, Master Password and Secret Key, then 1Password X should remember it and will not open that tab again the next time you open Chrome.

However if it happens every time you open Chrome even though you already logged into your 1Password.com account in that tab once, then something might have gone wrong and 1Password X does not remember it. I'd suggest you try to remove the extension from Chrome and reinstall it, then log into it once properly and see if it now remembers you and doesn't open that welcome tab every time you open the browser.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

Worth noting, even if you did sign into 1Password X and it was working fine, but then you reset/clear stuff in the browser, you'll need to sign in again as a result. 1Password X cannot maintain state if its being nuked.

This discussion has been closed.