How do I manually enter UN and PW?

I have a website that when save the login it only saves the password and not the username. How do I manually enter it?

Also, I have other sites where it won't save either using IE. I fill in the UN and PW and then click (in IE) Tools/1password/save login. It saves the URL but not the UN and PW. Isn't there a way to manually enter them?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, bschaffler!

Normally, you would just fill in the form and click the Save Login button in the extension, but it sounds like you are having trouble with that. Could you provide the URL where you are having trouble? I'd love to take a look.
  • www.ubs.com. Is there anyway to manually enter it? Also, I can't figure out how to save UN and PW from my ipad. The user guide does not address it so I am assuming I have to set them all up with the Windows version and then sync them. Is that correct?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the URL. There isn't a login form on the home page, and there are several different login pages available when clicking the red "Account login" menu, so I guessed at the one for which you may be trying to save a Login:

https://onlineservic.../ex/pbl/ubso/dl

Please let me know if that is not the exact URL where you log in and let me know the correct URL to the actual login page.

You can definitely save a Login in the 1Password app on your iPad. Just tapping the "+" button in the top right corner of the screen while viewing the Logins section of the 1Password app on your iPad. However, we recommend saving Login items via the 1Password extension in your browser on your desktop computer since that is that only place that 1Password can "learn" all the form fields on the page. This results in a much higher success rate when filling the Login items since 1Password fills the exact fields that it saved. If you create a Login on your iPad, 1Password cannot learn the fields so it has to guess which isn't as reliable.

That said, in this case it appears that creating the Login manually within the main 1Password for Windows application should get it working as the page is preventing 1Password from saving the username field properly.

1. Open 1Password for Windows
    2. Select File > New Item > Login from the menu bar
    3. Fill in the title, username, password, and URL for the login page
    20120814-x54qrr2yeses8gau97tjhku4ud.png

That should get it working for you. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!
This discussion has been closed.