Failed to sync new data

Options
Tonetony
Tonetony
Community Member

I made some changes on iPhone app to a login Name and website field. Changes were reflected on iPad and Windows but not Mac - even though 1Password on Mac was locked, and I had to log in to it. Quit, restarted 1Password, still no sync. I had to do "Quit Completely" - after restart of 1Password, the entries got fixed (right in front of my eyes, as I was able to see the entry just before it got updated).

I'm running the latest iOS release, but since iPad and Windows sync'd, seems that Mac was the only problem.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tonetony - I'm sorry for the trouble! It sounds as if you may have software on your Mac (or elsewhere on your network) that's preventing the notifier from working in 1Password 7 for Mac. If your edits/additions were synced nearly instantaneously to multiple other devices on different platforms, then the 1password.com service is working properly. Some common culprits are VPN software (Cicso's client can be notorious), antivirus or "web filtering" software, misconfigured IPv6 issues, Little Snitch or HandsOff! and a few others.

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member
    Options

I do use Little Snitch. There are a bunch of allow rules for 1Password7 and 1Password Updater. Is there something else needed? I can change these to allow all rules...

Some of the data was actually present. It was just a subsequent update on the iPhone that wasn't reflected. That is - I created a login on the phone, and that got synched. I edited it on the phone - and the edits didn't sync.

I will watch this more closely to see if I can detect exactly when/what happens.

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member
    Options

So - it just worked perfectly, nearly instant. Add Login on iPhone, showed up on Mac. Updated the notes on iPhone, showed up on Mac.

It seems there was a glitch only resolved with a complete Quit. I'll keep an eye on this.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tonetony - sounds good -- we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.