Browser extension popup very sluggish under very specific conditions

When my main monitor has been disconnected and reconnected to the graphics card at least once since the last reboot and the 1Password desktop application is minimized to the tray, the 1Password browser extension's functionality is very slow - it takes >30 seconds to open the popup, fill in a form, etc.

When the 1Password desktop application is interacted with from the tray, previously queued actions immediately complete. This issue does not occur when the application's main window is open or minimized to the task bar.

Yes, this is a very bizarre issue.

Additional information that may be relevant:

• Browser: Reproducible in both Chrome Stable and Firefox Developer Edition
  • Graphics card: AMD Vega 56
  • Graphics driver: 19.9.2
  • Monitor is connected via DisplayPort

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.356
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ascom,

Thanks for writing in. I must admit, this is a very odd issue.

When you said disconnect and reconnecting to the GPU, do you mean actually disconnecting the cable or what are you doing instead?

You also mentioned main monitor, does that mean you were using 1Password on the secondary monitor before you reconnected the main monitor? The reason I ask is that we do keep track of where 1Password should be and I'm wondering if that's the glitch but it could be something else entirely.

I'd like to try ruling out the monitors first, we do have some confirmed edge cases where slow performance can occur; can you lock 1Password first and then minimize to tray, do you see that sluggish performance when you try to interact with 1Password via the system tray by unlocking and trying to do something right away?

This discussion has been closed.