master password not accepted

My internet server went down, is up now, but caused several problems. 1password will not accept my master password. I am locked out! I have the secret key.

What can I do? Thank you for any help you can give me. Amy

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: windows 10 home
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @amyt! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please let us know where this is happening? Is it in the 1Password for Windows app or is it on the 1Password.com website?

• awesomekyle
    awesomekyle
    Community Member

I have this exact same issue. I just created a new account under my wife's family plan, but I'm unable to log into the Windows app. I've confirmed the password is correct by copying it from a text document. The password can be used to log into the website, but the app says "Your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect." I've triple checked all the details, entering them manually, by scanning the QR code, and by using the "Add your account directly" link on the website. This is from 1Password for Windows Version 7.3.712

• If you're certain your credentials are correct, this is usually a network problem, @awesomekyle. Something is preventing 1Password from connecting to 1Password.com and authenticating your account. Do you have an anti-virus installed on this PC? What about your network environment – stable connection? Any proxy or firewall?

• awesomekyle
    awesomekyle
    Community Member

The only Antivirus or Firewall I have is Windows Defender. I've allowed 1Password access through the firewall. Otherwise my connection is rock solid.

I was able to get it working. When I was originally trying to do it, I was already logged into one 1Password account and I was attempting to log into the second. When I logged out of the first, I was able to log into the second without any problems.

• Ah, that'll be a known issue with accounts where both the e-mail addresses and sign-in addresses match, then. Sorry about that, @awesomekyle. Were you switching from one account to the other, or do you need to access both in the your Windows app? We're working on getting this fixed up properly, but in the meantime we do have a workaround if you need access to both. If you do, drop us an e-mail from the e-mail address associated with your account to support+windows@1password.com and we can give you what you need there. We have to provide your unique sign-in address. While this isn't meant to be secret, it's best not to have other inadvertently trying to sign in using your sign-in address so best to keep it private via e-mail since this is a public forum. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.