Quick observation about different versions for Chrome

Options

I installed and loved it.
I had to reinstall chrome, so reinstalled 1Password
I didn't love it - there was no little icon in the form field for me to click. I could click the icon top right and select, but that's slower.

Only because I had already seen it did I know something was wrong - seems first time was 1Password X, second time was 1 Password.
Fixed now......but on your site it isn't clear which version is the better one to use. I just followed prompts that seemed to make sense for me (Win 10, Chrome) both times and ended up in different places. A new user wouldn't know they had the nerfed version. Hope that helps.
Roboform for about 10 years, now 1Password ;)
Q

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Trouble is, @quentinp, it actually goes both ways. I'm a 1Password X gal myself and only really keep the companion extension around so I can help customers who prefer it so I'm right there with ya, but there are those customers who prefer the old ways. From Windows Hello unlocking to filling with a keyboard shortcut rather than the inline menu, there are still a few tricks the companion extension knows that 1Password X doesn't.

Despite that, we are definitely moving towards emphasizing 1Password X a bit more since we do think it's the simpler and more elegant solution for most, but we don't want to take the extension many of our customers know and love away from them. We've got some ideas floating around about how to make this choice clearer, though, so that each of y'all can more easily find and stick with the extension that's best for you personally. So definitely keep an eye out for improvements. Until then, just remember that, for you, X marks the spot and hopefully that will help you get to the right one any time you're setting up a new device. :wink:

• quentinp
    quentinp
    Community Member
    Options

The issue is the one you say - knowing that there even WAS an alternative and which one would be right (or indeed that there was any difference other than O/S browser compatibility)
    And thanks!!
    I really like the product.

• It's no trouble at all, @quentinp, and thanks so much for your kind words. I'll be sure to pass them along to the rest of the team. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.