"Reused" passwords in different vaults

Options

Hi. I have just upgraded to a family membership, and copied some of my logins to a family member vault; now they are all showing as "reused". Is there a way to avoid that? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gweginoz! Welcome to the forum!

Do you still have your old vault inside the 1Password app, causing duplicates perhaps?

• gweginoz
    gweginoz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana
    Thank you!
    I have my personal vault, plus 2 family ones.
    I copied some of the entries into a family vault and now 1Password is detecting the 2 same entries (in different vaults) as reused passwords.
    I mean the only vaults I have are those I mentioned...!? It makes sense 1Password is seeing them as duplicates, but at the same time it doesn't if you see wht I mean...!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gweginoz:

Thank you for the additional information! I see what you mean. From 1Password's perspective, those items are indeed duplicates though. Have you considered moving them instead of copying them instead? This way you would only have one copy of these items, and the warning would go away on its own.

• gweginoz
    gweginoz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer. I really wanted to keep them in both places, and not see the alert since they're the same logins, and that I know about that since I am the one copying them.
    But I get the logic behind that, so I will just disregard the alerts.
    Thanks again.

• gweginoz
    gweginoz
    Community Member
    Options

I actually noted the alerts have now disappeared... could this still be that 1Password does not consider those as doubles after all.. anyway, all good!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update and for the feedback about this! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.