Firefox 13.0.1 - Extension disappeared [RESOLVED: Update to FF 14]

This morning I was offered chance to upgrade Adobe Flash (again!), since this often crashes in Firefox, I took it. This may or may not be implicated in situation that the 1Password Extension in Firefox has disappeared. When I looked in Firefox Extension list, 1Password is not there. When I tried to re-install from your website, Firefox said it was not compatible with 13.0.1. My Firefox is set to automatically update versions - perhaps I should change this? New PC with Windows7

It was only last week that I fully converted the paper file of passwords to 1Password, changing to complex and unmemorable passwords at the same time, and was feeling very good about myself and the smoothness of the 1Password/Firefox conjunction. Please help!

Thanks

Comments

• DavidMSW
    DavidMSW
    Community Member
    Try updating Firefox (to 14.0.1), that solved it for me.
  • Hello JRS-WB,

Recently, we released our new Firefox extension, 3.9.6, which supports only Firefox 14+. In addition, as Mozilla no longer supports pre-stable release browsers, I recommend you upgrade to FF 14 for security reasons, as well.

DavidMSW,

Welcome to the Forums, and thanks for pointing JRS-WB in the right direction. :)

Cheers!

Brandt
  • JRS-WB
    JRS-WB
    Community Member
    Thank you, DavidMSW and bswins. Everything is now sorted. Just in case it helps someone else:

Although I had set my Firefox to be on the Release Channel and auto update, it wasnt' doing this. So this morning when I clicked on Apply Update in Firefox Help, and the version didn't change from 13.0.1, I assumed I was on the latest version. I did not explore further. But armed with info from you two, I logged out of my normal, workday, User Identity, went into Admin, and lo and behold, this time Firefox updated. Most programs which want to update on my normal identity generate the Windows popup asking for the Admin password, and I can make a choice. The workday user is restricted to reduce chances of malware installing itself, me being stupid, etc. But Firefox didn't ask, just gave up. Anyway, I now know to periodically go into Admin and refresh Firefox.

Thanks again for your help.
  • JRS-WB,

Thanks for confirming, and you are very welcome! I'm glad it worked as expected, and, again, I appreciate DavidMSW replying before we could get to your question. At least you had a head start on fixing this behavior. :)

We have received varying reports from users who state that the Browser auto update function doesn't work, as in your case, and from others who state that it works great. I'm not sure of the specific circumstances for each user, so I have no idea whether this behavior is easily explained or not.

However, we do have contacts on the Mozilla team, and we pass along experiences from our customers which may be valuable to them. Regardless, I'm happy you are up and running, and I hope that all continues to go well.

Regards,

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.