1PasswordAnywhere From Flash Drive On Windows

On my Mac, I copied my keychain package to a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive.

I can then use 1PasswordAnywhere with Safari on a Mac just fine.

However, if I plug the USB drive into my Windows 7 computer, I get the following warning when trying to open 1PasswordAnywhere with Firefox.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2012
    Starting with version 13, Firefox tightened its security on opening local files. As result, Firefox will no longer load 1PasswordAnywhere from the local file system. You can still access 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox website without a problem. However, for local access your best bet is to simply use Safari for Windows as it does not have this limitation.

The same issue has also always been present in Chrome. You cannot use 1PasswordAnywhere in “local file mode”, i.e. you cannot use a local file URL like file:///Users/dave/1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.html. Accessing 1PasswordAnywhere in this way will fail because Chrome will prevent it from loading any of its files. This limitation is because Chrome prevents web applications from running in this way.

The easiest way to workaround this in Chrome is by adding this command line option (note the two dashes at the beginning) when launching Chrome: [font=courier new,courier,monospace]--allow-file-access-from-files[/font]

I hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes! :)
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Thanks Khad. That works great.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Awesome! Glad to hear it. :D
This discussion has been closed.