Tab key not switching sections in Chrome extension

The typing focus is fixed, but I still need to click on the extension window to be able to tab through logins, card, identity and settings.

Using 1Password 1.0.9.296
Extension 3.9.7
Chrome 22 beta
Windows 8 Release Preview

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Xe997,

I split your post from the other thread as I believe you are referring to a completely separate issue. If you open a new tab and then press the keyboard shortcut the focus remains in Chrome's omnibox since neither 1Password nor anything else can "take" the focus away from the omnibox (which is where the focus is when you open a new tab). This is a limitation imposed by Chrome. Sadly there is nothing we can do about it. :(

If that is not the issue you are describing, can you give me the exact steps to reproduce the issue you are describing?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    The issue I'm having is that I can't cycle through my different categories of items (logins, card, identity, settings) in the extension with the tab key.

This is how I do:

I do not use a keyboard shortcut, I just click on the 1Password icon in Chrome. I do this not in a new Chrome tab but in an existing one.

The problem I DID HAVE was that the extension didn't react to my typing. I use that to quickly find my logins. I had to click on some empty space in the extension to get it to focus. Chrome 22 solved this issue. I can now type and search my logins just by clicking on the icon (just like in Chrome 17 and below or something).

I still however need to click on some area in the extension in order to use tab to cycle through the item categories. I think this is a different issue than the one you are talking about. Hope my post cleared things up.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for clarifying! I see the issue myself now. Keyboard focus is working in the master password input field when the extension is locked. It is also working for "type to search". It looks like the only thing that isn't working is the Tab key for switching between sections.

It works fine in Chrome for Mac, so my guess is that this is another Chrome for Windows bug (likely related to the one they just fixed) since the 1Password extension itself is identical on Mac and Windows.
This discussion has been closed.