1password icons have gone missing on all my applications I'm using a Mac?

1password icons have gone missing on all my applications?

I'm using a Mac and using Safari?

1Password V6.8.9

Any idea what I need to do?

Please be gentle as not very IT literate.

Many thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @DeborahEast

Do you mean your items inside of 1Password no longer have icons / use a generic icon? If so please make sure 1Password > Preferences > General > Show rich icons is enabled.

Ben

• DeborahEast
    DeborahEast
    Community Member

Hi sorry, no not inside 1password.

I've enclosed an example, it's an application called Xero (which I'm sure you have heard of).

On the top toolbar to the right of the 'house' icon there used to be a 1Password icon that I clicked on that entered all the password data, as you can see the 1password icon has gone and it's just been replaced by a line (-).

All my applications (Hootsuite, MailChimp etc) are in the same status, ie no 1password icon, just a box with a line in it?

Sorry to be so IT illiterate, can you help?

Deborah.

• @DeborahEast

No need to apologize! That's what we're here for. Thank you for clarifying and providing an example. We're on the same page now. You mentioned you are using 1Password 6 for Mac. That version was retired over a year ago, and is no longer being updated. I suspect what happened here is that the version of Safari you have installed was updated to v13. Safari 13 is not compatible with 1Password 6. You can read more about this situation and the remedy here:

1Password 6 in Safari — 1Password Forum

I hope that helps!

Ben

• DeborahEast
    DeborahEast
    Community Member

Hello, many thanks for the reply, looks like I need to upgrade to 1Password 7 then.
    Could you tell me what this would cost would be if I made a one off payment and what the cost would be if I made monthly payments. Many thanks.

• @DeborahEast

You're very welcome! To be clear: they are for two different things.

• A 'one off payment' would get you a license for 1Password 7 for Mac. This doesn't include upgrades, or the 1Password.com membership service. Licenses are normally $65 USD + tax but are currently on sale for a limited time for $50 USD + tax.
    • A subscription [recommended] would be for the 1Password membership service, which includes not only 1Password 7 for Mac but also any future upgrades and access to the latest version of 1Password for all of your compatible devices. It also includes the membership service itself, which you can read about here: About 1Password membership. An individual membership starts at $2.99 USD + tax / mo when invoiced annually.

We're no longer advertising licenses. They are available for those who are familiar and comfortable with how they work, but the default path is now membership, and that is going to be the way forward.

Ben

• DeborahEast
    DeborahEast
    Community Member

Ok thank you for the feedback, will be in touch.

• You're welcome. :+1:

Ben

• DeborahEast
    DeborahEast
    Community Member

Hello,

Many thanks for your help to date however I have another question for you.
    As per the message stream I'm currently running 1password 6 on a Mac and need to upgrade to 1password7.
    I followed a 1password link and thought it would be a good idea to sign up to the 1password7 Free Trial, I entered my details including Amex card info and was about to download 1password 7 onto my Mac..... however it occurred to me that by doing this I might override the 1password6 passwords that I already have set-up?

Is there anyway I can upgrade 1password6 to 1password7 without having to override what I already have in place? I've been told that I need to take up the membership option and would like to pay for in one go rather than monthly payments.

Await your advice, thank you.

• @DeborahEast

This guide should help with that:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• DeborahEast
    DeborahEast
    Community Member

Hello Ben, thank you for all your support to date!

I've managed to migrate from 1password 6 to 1password 7.

We noticed on the billing side of things that the name on the credit card is incorrect, it should read Adrian Jenkins and not my name (Deborah East), can you amend this for us from your side (or pass request to your billing team) as we can't seem to edit from here, all other details are correct? (One off annual payment due in X17 days).

Thank you

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019

@DeborahEast

I believe that is something you'd need to correct on your end in your billing settings by adding a new card and then removing the existing one:

Manage your 1Password subscription

If you have trouble doing so please reach out to support@1password.com with the details and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.