Is it possible to add support for other info fields?

tatchley
tatchley
Community Member
edited September 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
The 1Password Autosubmit feature works great, except when there are other fields besides Username and Password. For example, on one website I regularly visit, I need to supply a regional code in addition to the obvious. If I tried to auto-fill this form, 1Password applies something to every field, even if that information should not go there. Would you consider adding support for different fields (if possible)? Or at least make 1Password only fill the Username and Password fields?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2012
    What you are asking should be possible since 1Password should only "play back" what you "recorded" when saving the Login item (presuming you saved the Login via the browser extension as recommended).

Try creating a new Login item like this:

1. Fill the form fields you want 1Password to fill for you leaving the other field(s) blank, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

You probably also want to disable autosubmit for that Login item if you need to manually enter different information each time before 1Password submits the page:
    20111213-br4s3yshka286wsaxr16ty49ex.png

If you're still having trouble, could you please tell me the URL so I can better assist you? I'd love to take a look.

Cheers,
  • tatchley
    tatchley
    Community Member
    Ahh, yes, I see what you are saying. Thanks for the heads-up. I was unaware that that feature saved all of the fields, not just the username and password. Further proves how intelligent 1P is :)

Now, you wouldn't happen to know how to autosubmit captcha phrases, would you? :P
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I hope nobody ever figures out how to autosubmit CAPTCHAs. The spammers would have a field day. :lol:

I'm glad everything is working well. Thanks for your kind words about 1Password.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.