Small sorting bug in watchtower

Options
opuntia2
opuntia2
Community Member
edited November 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm going thru the long and painful (but necessary) process of changing my resused passwords and I noticed that while I get that they're grouped by the "reused password" the sorting option doesn't work within that group. I can change the sort, but nothing happens. If that's by design, then I would remove the ability to sort in that area.

Another sort bug that I noticed is that when I update one of the logins (in Reused Passwords), it'll then jump down to a login based on what I have sorted. For example, if I have sort by title, it'll jump down to AAAA Plumbing, even if it's all the way down at the bottom. It should just focus on the next item on the list.

_1Password Version: 7.3.712
_Extension Version: 1Password X 1.16.2
_OS Version: Windows 10
_Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• As you thought, sorting isn't intended to work there, @opuntia2. Since the items are sorted by the password that's reused, that custom sorting can't be overridden. You're right that it should probably not include the sort option and we're aware it could be a bit confusing, but strangely enough I don't hear much about it at all. In fact, you might be the first to point it out to me in particular. I guess most don't even bother trying. Regardless, it's something already on our radar. Same story for item selection when an item is removed from the active item list. There are a few issues with what item is selected next and this is one more manifestation of the same sort of behavior. It should select next in the list regardless of sort option. Thanks for passing both along and I'll be sure to let our development team know how the selection issues impacts Reused Passwords. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.