Jailbreak Extention

tatchley
tatchley
Community Member
edited September 2012 in iOS
Since you are unable to officially make an add-on to Mobile Safari through the App Store, would you consider making an extension for those of us who Jailbreak their iOS devices? I would love this sooooooo much. You could include an option in the popup menu to auto-fill the login, or, if you were adventurous, you could include add a button to the button bar of Safari (Like the one shown in the picture). This integration would make browsing a more convient and full experience. Or, better yet, you could make a menu that is universally accessible on the device through a application called Activator. Really, please consider it.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We would not be allowed in the App Store if we did that. We have a very good relationship with Apple and would not wish to do anything to jeopardize that. If we did, we could end up not being able to keep making 1Password available at all which would mean 1Password would become less useful to all of our users (including you) since it would not be able to exist on iOS.

I'm sorry if that is not the answer you were looking for, but it would not ultimately be beneficial to 1Password users or AgileBits to go down that path.
  • tatchley
    tatchley
    Community Member
    While it may be prohibited in the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, I should like to point out that many developers who develop for Cydia also develop through the App Store. I can think of at least two groups (One of whom is an enormous figure in the Jailbreaking community) who have applications available both channels. I urge you to reconsider. If Apple enforced this with any amount of force, they would have revoked the aforementioned figure's license long ago. It is listed on his website, for crying out loud. In fact, many prominent Cydia developers have iOS developer licenses. Yet, they continue to develop for the jailbreak community.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I can't speak to the relationship The Company You Didn't Name has with Apple. We have a good one and would not want to jeopardize that. We'll continue to work on improving 1Password in ways that work with the system rather than against or outside of it. :)
This discussion has been closed.