How to view Vault location in Password 7?

In 1Password 7, on the Vault under "On this PC" on the left side. How can I tell the location that Vault is at on my computer? I can't figure that out as I need to know where the Vault is at on my computer that 1Password 7 just started opening for some reason?

I have one main Vault on my computer, but every couple of months. I'll copy/paste a copy of my Vault to various external storage devices so I can have multiple backups. I don't change the name, so all of these Vaults use the same name. It would be nice if I could open them in 1Password 7 without having to rename them like I could in 1Password 4.

I use 1Password 4 and 1Password 7. I had one main Vault that I'd open up in 1Password 4 and 1Password 7 depending on what I was doing. But today I noticed one of the logins in my Vault while viewing in 1Password 7 was a little different than when I had last saved.

And it looks like 1Password 7 just started opening up a Vault from I don't know where. If I "right click" it asks if I want to "Enable sync".

Now, I had to rename my main Vault so I could open it up in 1Password 7 as it doesn't let you open multiple Vaults that have the same name. And when I "right click" on that, it gives me the option to "Reveal in Explorer", and thus I can see the location on my computer for my "main" Vault.

But there is a Vault that 1Password 7 just started opening that I have no idea where it's at on my computer.

I also think something weird is going on as I've noticed 1Password 4 and 1Password 7 randomly closing like they crashed. And something weird today in 1Password 4, is I edited one of the "notes" in my Vault. And I closed 1Password 4, and then opened it back up and opened my Vault up. And what I had typed in the "notes" on one of my logins wasn't there. Like it didn't save it or something what I had just typed. And I did a test where I'd type random junk in a note, and close and open it in 1Password 4. And that random junk would show up. But then after opening/closing several times, that "random junk" I had typed in one of my "notes" would disappear like I never typed it.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.3.712
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• baker
    baker
    Community Member

Update:

In 1Password 7, I wanted to remove one of the Vaults from showing up on the left, because I wanted to open up a spare Vault that had the same name. And it wouldn't let me open it up. And I wasn't sure if "removing" the Vault in 1Password 7 would delete it from my computer? I just want to be able to open multiple Vaults with the same name in 1Password 7.

Anyways, long story short. I ended up copy/pasting my main Vault from my hard drive to an external storage device. And then I deleted my main Vault from my hard drive. I then copy/pasted my main Vault from my external storage device back onto my hard drive. And now when opening the Vault in 1Password 4, that "edit" that I had originally typed and I said had disappeared when reopening it in 1Password 4. Well, now it's showing up. That's weird. But It's a good thing that it's now showing up because they were security questions/answers. And it looked like I may had been locked out of an account as I had thought I lost all of my security answers that I had just put into the "notes" in 1Password 4 on my main Vault. But now they are showing up.

Though I don't think I looked at it in 1Password 7 at the time. Because I thought I was opening up my main Vault in 1Password 7, but I think 1Password 7 for some reason started opening up a different Vault when I instead thought it was opening up my main Vault. And thus when viewing in 1Password 7, I couldn't see the "edits", because I think 1Password 7 started opening up a Vault from a different location and thus from an older saved version of my main Vault.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @baker,

I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with 1Password 7!

In 1Password 7 for Windows you can click ... next to your local vault and then select "Reveal in Explorer" to find out where your local vault is located now:

You can also hover the mouse cursor over "Reveal in Explorer" button and 1Password will show you the path to that vault:

However, please note that if you disable sync for this particular local vault, you won't see these options. If you disable sync for a local vault in 1Password 7, the data is still stored in 1Password 7 database, but is not synced anywhere. I believe this is what happened in your case. Do you remember disabling sync for your local vault?

Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.