Wrong country names and missing country (Monaco) on the 1Password Windows app

Options

Hi !

So I've been using 1Password for quite some time now, but i have noticed errors that are still there since more than year, so i though i'd report those.

It's nothing serious but when creating a new identity on the 1Password Windows app my country (Monaco) is the not on the list. There are also some errors on the country list, such as "aq", "bv", "eh", "gs", "hm" and "tf". As i said this seems to only concern the Windows app, as the Android, iOS and web app appears to have no error or missing countries.

I'd like to take the time and wish the whole AgileBits team a merry Christmas and happy holidays ;)

Regards,

Damien

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1909)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this, @IkariGradius! I see the same thing, though I'm a bit fuzzy on the why. If you're curious, the templates are all maintained server side, in theory so that the apps remain consistent in what data they offer. This should meant that this sort of thing can't happen, but it quite obviously is. I'm certain there's a perfectly rational reason for it, but I simply don't know enough about the details to speculate so I've gone ahead and given our development team a heads up so they can do some digging. Regardless of the reason, we'll be sure to get it fixed up. :+1:

In the meantime, if you set the country in your Identity item properly on another device, does it display okay on Windows?

• IkariGradius
    IkariGradius
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer @bundtkate !

It's really interesting to know that it's handled on sever side, i wouldn't have excepted that. I've tried to change my country to "Monaco" on my Android phone, and strangely it changed it on the computer to "Principauté de Monaco" (Principality of Monaco in English, another way to name my country). So my country's name wasn't actually missing as it is possible to select it on the Windows version as well.

However i forgot to mention something that might be important: both my 1Password account and the software are in French. So i'm not sure if it will reflect exactly the same way in English. Since you're seeing the problem as well i guess it's not only a translation mistake.

Anyway thank you so much for taking the time answer me and i hope my input will help resolve this :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IkariGradius,

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :+1:

Turns out we do have a list of countries locally in 1Password for Windows and we have plans to take a closer look at it in the future. Thank you for reporting this! :)

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: dev/windows/opw#1473

This discussion has been closed.