How do I setup 1password for Windows to save and Autofill my password for Lotus Notes on Windows?

Options

I need to have 1password auto detect whenever LotusNotes is launched, and challenges me with my account password. At this point , I need 1 password to autofill my password in the the password field automatically. How to setup 1 password to do this?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 7.2.583
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: Not sure if this is relevant
Referrer: forum-search:How do I setup 1password for Windows to save and Autofill my password for Lotus Notes on Windows?

Comments

• This isn't something 1Password for Windows can do just yet, @joybhowmik. In your browser, you've got the 1Password extension to detect sign-in forms, read the URL to match it to a Login item, and fill for you once your desktop has passed along the proper username/password. We don't have the same superpowers in desktop apps. Now, with that said, we've got some tools in place to work in that direction already. With some limitations, 1Password can detect what windows you have open and type in those windows using the appropriately named Type in Window option:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-windows/#use-1password-mini-to-fill-in-apps

That's got one part of this process fully covered – specifically, detecting that you do have Lotus Notes open. It's partway there on another count – assuming 1Password is able to access that window, you can instruct it to type your credentials into it. But, we've got a ways to go still. If you have Lotus Notes at front, for example, 1Password can't tell just yet so it can't suggest the proper item out of the gate, you've gotta search for it. Filling is less efficient than we'd like as well – username and password need to be filled individually and it's possible for the app to prevent us from doing that at all. We're working our way in that direction, though, and of course you're welcome to try type in window today and see what you think. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.