unable to sign in

Options

Have 1Password on Win 10 pc, iphone and ipad. I was using version 7.2.583 on my pc.

I reset Win 10 on my pc to improve performance. It deleted all my apps but saved my data. I reinstalled 1 Password 7 but got an error message that it wasn't compatible with my saved data files. I reinstalled 1Password 6 but now have trouble signing in to my account.

I get an error message"unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection." I used the QR code from my Emergency Kit and my password. Many times, no success. 1 Password continues to work fine on my iphone and ipad with these same account settings. As you can see, my network connection is just fine.

Please help.

My phone number is 443.255.0846 if you like to provide direct assistance.

1Password Version: version 6
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Win 10 version 1909
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:unable to sign in

Comments

• This likely means 1Password was severely outdated before, @maxbuffington – it was relying solely on your locally stored data and not communicating with the server since older versions are cut off from server access as security fixes and improvements are implemented. This shouldn't be too difficult to fix, but before we make any assumptions, would I be correct to say that you can still sign in to your account via https://start.1password.com and that all of your data is visible and up-to-date on the web? Give it a quick check and let me know what you find. The next step will be to reset your 1Password data on your PC, reinstall 1Password 7, and sign in to your account again, so we need to first make sure that your data is available and accurate somewhere else. If it's not, we'll want to take a different path forward. :+1:

• maxbuffington
    maxbuffington
    Community Member
    Options

I can't sign in. I get the following error message: "Can’t sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect.

If you were invited to 1Password by someone else, they can recover your account."

I 'd like to mention that I also use an iphone and ipad with my 1Password account. They have always been able to sync with the pc. Before I reset my Win 10 operating system, I was using version 7.2.583.

I think you're on to something when you say we need to address the sign-in problem.

Would you like to have a screen print of my attempt to sign in at start.1password.com?

• If you're not able to sign in from https://start.1password.com, @maxbuffington, then this isn't a Windows-specific issue but rather a problem with your credentials as that error says. The reason I suggest starting by signing in on the web is that it eliminates a lot of problems beyond those credentials that might prevent you from signing in to your app, like a firewall or anti-virus blocking the connection. The only thing that is likely to prevent sign-in via your browser is something genuinely being wrong.

Now, with that said, that's no reason to freak out. You have your data on your iPhone and your iPad. It's safe and you can access it so it won't be lost. What is probably wrong is your Master Password and using your iPhone or iPad we might be able to recover the right one. If we can't, we can use those devices to move your data to a new account with a Master Password you know so everything will be okay and we will be able to get things synced up to your PC.

So, here's my guess at what's going on exactly. I'd be the Master Password you're using to sign in on the web is the same one you use to unlock your iPhone or iPad, right? One reason the apps can sometimes add some unexpected variables is because you can have a standalone vault in one or more of your apps. That vault isn't part of your account and can have its own Master Password. It can also be synced via a third-party service to other devices so it's not always obvious it's not syncing right along with everything else. Its password is also going to be the one that unlocks your apps so it can make it so the Master Password you use regularly with your apps and the one you're likely to remember as a result isn't actually the right one for your account. Again, though, that's totally okay. Since you have your data, we can fix this and make sure you don't find yourself in this position again.

So, let's start by taking a look at how you've got one of those iOS devices set up. Choose either your iPhone or your iPad (which is up to you) and send over a diagnostics report to us via e-mail:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Include a link to this thread in the body of this e-mail. That way, if someone else finds them before I do, they can "connect the dots" and get the benefit of everything we've discussed here already.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  For bonus points, post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :+1:

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be better able to confirm my guesses and figure out exactly what's going on so we can get things fixed up. Thanks very much! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.