Passwords no longer obfuscated in 1Password 1.0.9.305?

Coxy117
Coxy117
Community Member
edited November 2012 in 1Password 4 for Windows
Hi,

I have just upgraded my 1Password Windows client to 1.0.9.305. Searching for some login details, I have noticed that none of my passwords are now obfuscated - they are all viewable when I double-click and open the login details, without having to use Ctrl+R to reveal the passwords.

I've scanned the release notes for the last few releases, but can't see anything indicating that this is a change - and I haven't noticed it before. I also run 1Password on Mac, but haven't got access to that machine at the moment to see whether this is Windows-specific or not.

Has anyone else experienced this post-upgrade?

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Dan! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Password have always been visible when editing an item. Otherwise, how would you edit them if you needed to? :)

If you are not referring to Edit mode, you can toggle the View > Conceal Passwords for their concealment in the details view (in the bottom pane).

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • Coxy117
    Coxy117
    Community Member
    Hi Khad -

Thanks for the welcome, and the quick reply. I must have toggled View > Conceal Passwords at some point without realising.... as I was seeing them in the details pane as well as the Edit screen.

Everything is back to how I'm used to now - so thanks!

Dan
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Phew! You had me worried for a moment there. I'm glad everything is working well. :D

Enjoy the rest of your week!
This discussion has been closed.