Change 2FA App of Business Account

Hello everyone,
I have the following problem and did not find a solution here.

To begin with, I would like to mention that I have two 1Password Accounts, one family and one business. Lately, I wanted to change the 2FA app, which I am using. For the family account this was super easy. I just deactivated 2FA for my account, turned it back on and used the new app for it.

For my business account I am stuck, because the button is not usable on the website. In conclusion, I asked the admin of the business to deactivate 2FA for my account, but he responded that he can not do this, because "2-Step Verification is enforced across your organisation". He said the only thing he can do is to send me my backup verification codes.

What can I do? Thank you very much!

Tim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• What would happen if you told them you forgot your master password? Would they start the recovery process, you just use your normal master password, and then re-set up 2FA?

Please note, I do not work for 1Password. Just a thought.

• @prime First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

I think that’s not a bad idea, but I wanted to solve this problem without asking for further help at work.

I don’t know whether resetting the Master Password has an effect on 2FA, because changing it does not.

I think the 1Password Team could help us here.

Thanks again
    Tim

• @timdepping its just an idea, hopefully someone here will have a better idea.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited January 13

@timdepping

Sorry to hear your having issues,

If you're part of a 1Password Business membership your IT team should be able to assist. Otherwise, we'd need to put you in touch with our security team. In that case please reach out to [email protected] from the email address associated with your 1Password membership.

This discussion has been closed.