Looking for 1Password Helper

Comments

• I went ahead and split your comment into its own thread, @Bernfrin, I hope you don't mind. It was definitely related to the original topic, but different enough I felt it worthy of its own discussion. There are a few things that can lead to this, but the most common these days is a registry issue. The only way I can really confirm that is to look at logs, but this is a case where I don't feel I really need to since there is absolutely zero harm in just trying the fix and seeing if it helps. The solve is to rerun setup:

1. Open 1Password and choose 1Password > Exit.
    2. Close any browsers.
    3. Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialogue.
    4. Type 1password.exe --setup into the Run dialogue and press enter.

This will rerun that setup process including setup of the registry, causing 1Password to pop up claiming it has been updated. It hasn't, but we tricked it by sending it through the process it would go through after an update so it's understandably a bit confused. After you see this, go ahead and unlock, then open your browsers in turn and check if you still see what you were before. Hopefully things are all fixed, but let me know what you find. :chuffed:

• Hooray! I'm so glad it worked out, @Bernfrin. I typically hate guessing at things like that, but anything else would have been more complicated and that one is common enough I thought I had a decent chance at guessing right. Enjoy and if I can do anything more to help, just let me know. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.