Bug: 1P deletes too many entries

Smudge
Smudge
Community Member
edited November 2012 in iOS
I've found a bug where 1Password v3.7.2 (Nov 2, 2012) deletes too many entries in a password set.
If you delete an entry while the keyboard is on the screen, it doesn't remove the entry. The entry row remains including the delete button. Pressing the delete button again removes the next entry.
This was discovered on my iPad Mini running iOS 6.0.1. It does not happen on the iPhone as that interface doesn't show the keyboard on the same screen.

Here are some pics showing this behavior in more detail.

First is a simple test set I've created. It includes 4 entries.
1_P_Delete_Issue_1.png

Deleting the password entry. Except for looking bad because all the info has to slide to the left to make room for the Delete button, it works as expected.
1_P_Delete_Issue_2.png

The password entry has been properly deleted. 3 entries remain.
1_P_Delete_Issue_3.png

Click in a text field to bring up the keyboard. Here I clicked in the empty "add an entry" row but it doesn't matter where. Click the minus sign on the left or slide across the entry to bring up the Delete button. As like before, the entry value slides to the left as the Delete button slides in.
1_P_Delete_Issue_4.png

Press the Delete button and the keyboard disappears. The "foox" entry still remains as if in a "Do you want to delete this row?" state where in fact, the entry has been deleted. The UI just hasn't been updated to reflect this change.
1_P_Delete_Issue_5.png

One would think that it wasn't deleted so you press the Delete button for the "foox" entry again. It removes the row for "foox" but it also removes the "bar" entry as well. Eeek!
1_P_Delete_Issue_6.png

If you were to notice this and click on the Cancel button, it wouldn't actually remove the entries from the set.
If you were to click on the Done button instead, you would lose the information.

Luckily 1P has a backup system on my laptop so not all was lost. However, this happened while I was out and the incorrectly removed entry was importantly needed at that time. Suffice it to say, I was a bit peeved.

Hopefully this can make it into the 1Password 4 version, if it hasn't been fixed already.

Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the feedback! It is working as expected in 1Password 4, but I'll pass this along to the developers to see what can be done in version 3.
This discussion has been closed.